Apply for staff jobs at the University of Missouri and its affiliates using the online job application. If you do not have a computer, you may use one at Human Resource Services, located at 1095 Virginia Avenue, Room 101, Parking Structure 7, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211. This service is available during business hours, and no appointment is necessary.
Before you begin, collect the following information, which is necessary to complete the application:
- Information about current and previous jobs
- Company name and address.
- Dates of employment.
- Supervisors’ names.
- Telephone numbers.
- Accurate descriptions of job duties.
- Wage information.
- Information about current or previous schools attended
- Skills and/or certifications.
- Resume and cover letter (Optional)
How to apply
Prospective employees must register with the on-line system. Create a username and password that you will be able to remember. Current employees use the standard sign-on used for MyHR. Then view the current job listings. When you find a job for which you wish to be considered, check next to the job title and select Apply Now. You will be asked if you want to apply with a resume or not. Then you will be able to complete an application. Our application includes areas to record work or volunteer experience, education, licenses or certifications, languages, references, and a skills questionnaire. You only need to complete an application once. You may edit your application if needed. Step by step instructions for completing an on-line application are below. Printer friendly version.
If you have any questions about the application process, you can e-mail HRS at MUHRS@missouri.edu or call 573-882-7976 for assistance.
To request ADA accommodations, please contact us at the address listed above or call 573-882-7976. Persons with Hearing Disabilities should contact us through Relay Missouri, Dial 711 or call 800-735-2966 or visit www.relaymissouri.com to choose your preferred communication method.
Register (as a new user) — to establish a username and password click on the Register link . A username and password only needs to be established once you are ready to apply for a job.
Search the Job List – To view the list of all job openings, click on the “Search Jobs" button. This will bring up a list of all jobs currently posted in date order. You may sort jobs by clicking on the column heading.
- To search for a specific job, click Advanced Search, this will allow more options for your search criteria. If you are interested in a position, click on the Job Title link to view the job description. If you would like to apply click the Apply Now button and follow the steps.
Choose a Resume – For a more targeted resume and cover letter, we suggest that you combine a cover letter and resume into one document. [see Application Q&As.}
- Attach Resume — Select this option if you have a resume saved on your computer that you would like to attach to your application. On the upload page, click the Browse button to select your resume file from your local computer. Once the file is selected, click the Upload button. You will be asked to give your resume a unique title name (TIP: use a name related to the position you are applying for). Next, click Continue to proceed to the Online Application.
- Apply Without Using a Resume – Select this option if you do not have a resume to upload and would like to proceed with filling out the online application manually.
- Apply using a saved Resume – this is only available if you have already applied using a resume.
Note: Specific attachments may be required. If specific attachments are required, they will be listed in the job posting.
Fill out an application — Complete all of the sections of the application, saving your work as you go. All fields with an asterisk (*) to the left of the field name are required fields and must be completed before you move off that section of the application.
- Work Experience - Note: You must complete the work experience section of the application. Applications without work experience or that have “See Resume” will be considered incomplete.
- Click on the Add Work Experience link to add Employment History information.
- Education history -Click on the Add Educational History link to add Employment History information. Click on the Add Post-Secondary Education History link to add College/University information.
- Licenses, certifications, languages and references (skip if not applicable
- References and Referrals
- Application questionnaire - You must answer all questions before you submit your application, otherwise it will be considered incomplete.
- If you have not filled out any required information, a red error message will appear telling you which sections are required.
- If you are NOT ready to Submit, click on the Save button. You may access the application at any time through the My Applications page. Note: Save information each time you complete or alter a section, even if it is the last entry you plan to make.
Upload additional attachments — Most people include a résumé and a cover letter, but you can also upload additional materials to support your application.
Submit your Application - When you have completed filling out all sections of your application, and are ready to apply for a job, click on the Submit button. Following submission, the browser will redirect to the My Applications page and state that you have successfully submitted your job application. You will also receive an e-mail confirming your application was submitted successfully.
Note: Once you have submitted your application, you will not be able to modify it in regards to the position for which you have applied. Please be sure your information is correct before choosing to submit an application.
Self Identification - After submitting your application, a page will appear which asks for self-identification information.
- Select the appropriate race and gender or check the box, which reads: I decline to provide my self-identification details. Select either the box which reads: I agree to these terms or the I do not agree to these terms radio button. Applicants which select I do not agree to these terms will not be allowed to submit an application for review.
Click on the Submit button to complete the application.