Hire a temp
SOS Temporary Staffing is committed to making this process as quick and easy as possible.
Request a temp or call 573-882-7701.
What happens next?
A placement specialist will search for the most qualified candidate and follow-up with information about the candidate's background, test scores and work experience. You can request an interview with the candidate or simply confirm the start date and arrival time. SOS will provide you with information regarding billing rates.
How do SOS temps get paid?
SOS Temps enter time worked into MyHr. SOS has created an on-line system for department users to approve hours worked for SOS temps assigned to their departments. Please note: this is a different SOS TEMPS System used by SOS and not Time and Labor system used to approve hours for regular employees.
Getting the most from your SOS Temp
On the temp’s first day in your office:
- Introduce to all the staff in your office.
- Tour the office and show location of office equipment and supplies.
- Acquaint to the building, point out restrooms, elevators, emergency exits.
- Present the work area and explain any unique features.
- Clarify expectations (duties, work/lunch schedule, etc.)
- Communicate department policies and procedures (dress code, requesting time off, call-in, breaks, etc.)
- Assign a mentor.
- Identify subject matter experts.
- Discuss log-in and network procedures. (Temps already have email.)
- Contact SOS at 882-7701 if problems arise.