Human Resource Services exceeds customer expectations by offering consultation, service and expertise promoting fairness, respect and equality. Our staff assists academic and administrative departments in managing the university's most valuable asset: its people.
HRS serves the University of Missouri System's flagship campus in Columbia and offers services in the following areas:
- Recruiting — maintains online academic and staff job listings that are updated daily.
- Temporary staffing — SOS Temporary Staffing, a unit of HRS, recruits, trains and deploys temps as requested.
- Consultation services — works with managers and individuals on various topics including job search and recruiting strategies, employee rights and responsibilities, and more.
- Core Administrative Processing Support (CAPS) Center - processes and approves all personnel action forms (PAFs) for divisions currently in an internal HRS CAPS Center.
- Employment record retention — maintains all faculty, staff and student employment records in accordance with university retention guidelines and state and federal law.
- PAF Review — reviews and approves all personnel action forms (PAFs) for employees on the Columbia campus, as well as System and Extension, including divisions not currently in an internal HRS CAPS Center.
- Payroll - manages Time and Labor and payroll processing.
- Non-Resident Alien Taxation - advises non US citizens and permanent residents who receive income from Mizzou regarding their US tax obligations, and provides support to the departments who host these individuals.
- Training and development — organizes new employee orientation and addresses campus training needs with an annual training conference and customized training tailored to audience needs.
- Classification — assists managers with identifying the best job titles and pay structures within the context of the university.
- Compensation — advises departments on appropriate compensation for single jobs and entire units based on current campus, local, regional and national data.
- Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action — develops and maintains programs, reports and activities to comply with and promote federal and state laws, presidential and executive orders and regulations of the University that relate to equal opportunity and affirmative action.